At Kemper House Worthington it is our mission to create loving environments that enrich, energize and transform lives. We are a locally owned and operated community offering a one-of-a-kind approach to Alzheimer’s and dementia care. We don’t just say, we live it! We are looking for individuals who are humble, hungry and smart to join our dynamic team that lives its values and is focused on promoting a healthy lifestyle. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.kemperhouseworthington.com
Description of Opportunity:
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Caring for residents with compassion and empathy in a homelike environment through the fitness center and restorative program.
- This position reports to the Integrative Health and Support Director
- Assist in creating and building resident-focused plans for the Restorative program.
- Implement and conduct individualized restorative wellness programs with residents.
- Document weekly interactions and progress with residents, conduct cognitive assessments, as needed, and provide feedback to families, staff, and building committees.
- Enrich the lives of the residents daily through one-on-one interaction
- Must be able to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, and move frequently during working hours. Must be able to lift 40 lbs. flor to waist, lift 10 lbs. waist to shoulder, life and carry 40 lbs. and push/pull 40 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
Team Member Expectations:
- Preserve and protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of all medical records, proprietary and other confidential information related to Kemper House Worthington, its residents, team members, activities and affiliates, in accordance with all applicable laws (especially HIPAA) and Kemper House Worthington Policy.
- Promote Kemper House Worthington in a positive manner and lead by example, modeling our core values in everyday behavior.
- Understand how to approach and communicate with all residents who are cognitively impaired.
- Treat residents, family members and other team members with dignity and respect while responding to their needs.
- Maintain and sustain a safe community and workplace.
- Follow Kemper House Worthington Policies, Procedure, and Manuals.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred
- Further education or certification in therapy or alternative therapy is preferred but not required.
- Experience in senior living (preferably in dementia care) is preferred but not required.