At Kemper House Worthington it is our mission to create loving environments that enrich, energize and transform lives. We are a locally owned and operated community offering a one-of-a-kind approach to Alzheimer’s and dementia care. We don’t just say, we live it! We are looking for individuals who are humble, hungry and smart to join our dynamic team that lives its values and is focused on promoting a healthy lifestyle. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.kemperhouseworthington.com
Description of Opportunity:
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Functioning as a team member of the Hospitality department to provide healthy and safe food for all residents.
- This position reports to the Hospitality Director
- Assist in preparing and serving meals
- Assist during mealtimes
- Maintain and clean and sanitary kitchen and dining space
- Must be able to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, and move frequently during working hours. Must be able to lift 40 lbs. flor to waist, lift 10 lbs. waist to shoulder, life and carry 40 lbs. and push/pull 40 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
Team Member Expectations:
- Preserve and protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of all medical records, proprietary and other confidential information related to Kemper House Worthington, its residents, team members, activities and affiliates, in accordance with all applicable laws (especially HIPAA) and Kemper House Worthington Policy.
- Promote Kemper House Worthington in a positive manner and lead by example, modeling our core values in everyday behavior.
- Understand how to approach and communicate with all residents who are cognitively impaired.
- Treat residents, family members and other team members with dignity and respect while responding to their needs.
- Maintain and sustain a safe community and workplace.
- Follow Kemper House Worthington Policies, Procedure, and Manuals.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred
- Experience in food service or customer service is preferred.